Thing 1 and Thing 2 Dogs Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Happy Halloween from Cupcake and Bucky!
|Costume type:||Costumes for Pets|
This homemade costume for pets entered our 2015 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Monica, the 'Thing 1 and Thing 2' costume creator:
This is a picture of our two greyhounds; Cupcake (on the left) and Bucky (on the right) dressed as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss's Cat in the Hat book. The idea came from my mom and I reading the Cat and the Hat book because she is a teacher's helper in the school system.
To make the outfit:
1. Buy two red t-shirts from the closest craft store.
2. Buy white and black felt.
3. Cut a circle out of the white felt.
4. Cut each letter and each number in the black felt and connect it by sewing it and using fabric glue.
5. Cut a thin strip of black felt to fit around the circumference of the white circle.
6. Attack black strip around the perimeter of the white circle using fabric glue.
7. Attach white circle on red shirt by sewing the edges.
To make the hairpiece:
1. Buy 2 elastic, sequence, blue headbands.
2. Buy 1 very long bright blue boa.
3. Cut boa in half in the middle.
4. Attach one half of the boa to one headband using a small sewing elastic and tie it.
5. Attach the other half of the boa to the second headband using the small elastic.
I would like you to know that my mom and I spent a weekend this costume and four days during the week brainstorming the idea. My mom and I very much enjoy my dogs and we had a lot of fun making the costumes and dressing the dogs! P.S We made sure the dogs were okay with this idea.