Spaghetti & Meatball Baby Costume
Yummy Spaghetti Baby!
|Costume type:||Costumes for Babies|
This homemade costume for babies entered our 2016 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Alexandra, the 'Spaghetti & Meatball Baby' costume creator:
4 month old Ava Rose is Spaghetti & Meatball Baby. This costume was made at home by Mom & Dad and was so much fun to make.
I'm sure you're now asking yourself "how can I make one of my own?!?!" Well just follow these steps and you'll have a Spaghetti baby too!
Have the following: An old white long sleeve onesie, a white beanie hat, a hot glue gun, 1 large roll beige yarn or 2 small rolls of beige yarn, bowl or pot, different size Styrofoam balls and Styrofoam safe spray paint.
1) Think your baby is yummy! hehehe :)
2) Plug in your hot glue gun.
3) Get spray paint and spray the Styrofoam balls (set aside to dry for about an hour)
4) Get the yarn and loop it into medium bunches that will be glued to the onesie in sections.
5) Lay the onesie flat and start putting the glue by sections starting at the waist in a straight line across. The repeat with another two levels to eventually end up at the collar as your last level of yarn.
6) Once you have completed the front of the onesie to the same in the back however, this time put the yarn in larger loops so you only have to glue one level at the collar.
7) Get the white beanie hat and hot glue small bunches of yarn all over the hat. (TIP: make some pieces of yarn longer then other for the effect of spaghetti)
7) Check on the Styrofoam balls to see if they are dry. If dry get the largest one and hot glue to the top of the beanie.
8) Get the rest of the Styrofoam balls and place throughout the onesies where you'd like (TIP: Place the Styrofoam where the baby can't place it in their mouth)
9) Get your bowl or pot and place the remaining yarn all over so it looks like its hanging outside it. (TIP: I also place a blanket in the bowl to make it comfy for the baby)
10) Dress your baby and place them in the bowl. You now have your very own Spaghetti & Meatball Baby :)