King Kong Costume
DIY King Kong costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Adults|
This homemade costume for adults entered our 2012 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Mateo, the 'King Kong' costume creator:
This is my KING KONG costume....
I didn't want to look like just another monkey suit costume,and I wanted to get as close to the real deal as possible and keep things to scale as much as possible to keep the effect of being a hugemungos ape! So I started to search the internet see if anyone had done a good king kong costume yet..there were some ok ones out there, but not great ones..they still all looked like that mokey suit look. So, with that being said i began to create my king kong!
This is how i put it together:
- Borrowed the furry ape shirt from my dad. ("yeah, my dad has a furry ape shirt!")
- Did some shopping online for the perfect gorilla mask. (no rubber with fur, mis-shaped face here..went with the moving action mouth that moves when the inner ape in me comes out. the face even feels reel!)
- The furry pants I found at my local thrift store for only 3 bucks!
- The hands are made from womens long dress glove with fur and black painted and distressed rubber glove fingetips.
- The doll (Fey Rey) I also found at my local thrift store for 50 cents. (she was naked with really long braided hair when I found her, I gave her a bath and a haircut and my girlfriend sewed her a new dress out of an old t-shirt.)
- The biplane I made out of a cardboard box (that the mask was shipped in), chopstix leftover from take-out night. and the wheels are water bottle caps.
- The building is also made from the same box that my mask came in..
Hope you like my costume! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!