Toy Story Army Man Costume
Cassandra as Toy Story army man
|Costume type:||Costumes for Girls|
This homemade costume for girls entered our 2013 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Angelica, the 'Toy Story Army Man' costume creator:
This is my 10 Year old daughter wearing the costume.
She wanted to be a character from Toy Story, and she liked this plastic army man best.
How to make a Toy Story army man:
- 7-8 cans of green spray paint (Walmart)
- 2-3 cans of gloss clear spray paint (Walmart)
- 2 quarts of hi-gloss interior paint to match the spray paint (Home Depot)
- Green face make up (Mehron)
- Heavy duty Velcro strips
- paint brush
- Green hair spray
- Army fatigues (Army surplus store)
- Combat boots (Army surplus store)
- old backpack
- toy machine gun
- toy grenades & binoculars (Dollar Tree)
- canteen with holder (Army surplus store)
- card board
- army goggles (Army surplus store)
- army helmet (Army surplus store)
I started this costume with painting all the fabric items (army fatigues, back pack, parts of the combat boots, canteen holder) with the hi-gloss interior paint , this acts as a primer/sealer so you wont need as much spray paint.. Once this paint has completely dry with the green spray paint and spray all items on the list (about 2 coats) make sure to let dry completely between coats, then spray all items with gloss clear coat, the fabric items may need 2 coats, use your judgement so everything has a similar plastic look. The last item is the cardboard cutouts for the feet, you could create any shape you like then spray paint 2 coats of green and 1 coat of clear. Once the cardboard has dried use the Velcro strips on to the bottom of the boots and place on the cardboard.
For her face and hair, I used Mehron face paint for her face, neck, and hands, and green hair spray for her the back of her hair.