|Costume type:||Costumes for Women|
This homemade costume for women entered our 2013 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Mandy, the 'Sharknado' costume creator:
Costume was inspired by the movie Sharknado! I wore the costume to the high school where I work for Halloween. It was a huge hit!
How to make:
1. Cut hula hoop small enough to fit inside a 3x long sleeve gray men's shirt.
2. Attach hula hoop to shirt by cutting small holes in shirt close to hula hoop and secure it with cable ties.
3. Cut a 3x black or gray men's t-shirt all the way across directly under the arm pits. Attach to bottom of gray long-sleeve shirt with safety pins. This creates a "base" to attach tulle to that should be around knee length.
4. Using 10-11 yards of black tulle, attach tulle at top of "base shirt" using a stapler. Wrap tulle around "base" scrunching and stapling as you go until you reach the bottom. Pin tulle where needed.
5. Attach plastic sharks (I bought mine at Toys-R-Us) with sticky velcro tabs to tulle.
6. Use any extra tulle to wrap around a black sock cap and secure with stapler.