|Costume type:||Costumes for Women|
This homemade costume for women entered our 2011 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Glenna, the 'Roy Lichtenstein Painting' costume creator:
As a project in high school, I needed to paint a chair in the style of a famous artist. I chose Roy Lichtenstein. Ever since then, I have had a strong connection to his artwork. So, for Halloween I decided to dress up as a living Roy Lichtenstein painting.
Here's what I did:
- bought 60s style clothing in solid primary colors - $2 from local thrift shop
- bought white driving gloves - $9
- bought a yellow wig - $13
- Covered face in white foundation (usually used for vampires or clowns)
- hand painted red dots and black outlines on my face using face paint
- made a thought bubble saying out of cardboard with a saying from one of his paintings
Many people throughout the night did not get the Roy Lichtenstein reference and just thought that I was dressed as a comic. But those that did recognize me were very enthusiastic!