The Sanderson Sisters Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus
|Costume type:||Costumes for Groups|
This homemade costume for groups entered our 2017 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Michelle, the 'The Sanderson Sisters' costume creator:
My daughter's and I love the movie Hocus Pocus, so we decided to go to a costume party as the trio.
I was Mary. I wore my peach colored shirt, cut the sleeves off of a burgundy lace shirt, then cut down the middle of it and added brown ribbon to create a corset effect. I added four key rings around the bottom of the vest. I put on a burgundy skirt that I had, then bought a plaid table cloth and turned it into a second skirt by adding rope around the waist. I cut a third skirt open and turned it into an apron. To finish off my look, I took a red bed robe and cut it open to make a cape, using the sleeves to create the hood. For my hair, I put a Styrofoam cone on top, then twisted it around the cone. I added purple strands of fake hair to mine and twisted it around the cone.
My daughter,Brittany, was Sarah. She wore a light tan vintage lace shirt that I had in my closet, a corset top of the same color that I had from an old prom dress, a deep red skirt that I had, and a purple cape tied around her waist to form the "pieced" look Sarah had. To finish off her look, I took a purple bed robe and cut it open to make a cape, using the sleeves to create the hood. She teased her hair out and put heavy make up on, paying special attention to the darkening of her eyebrows.
My daughter Brighton was Winnie. Her look started with a purple prom dress I had in my closet. Over that I took a velvet sees that I had and cut it up the middle. I used curtain tie backs to make the criss criss corset look with that piece. To make her jacket, I took a green velvet two piece suit that I had in my closet, and turned it into a cloak. My daughter, Brittany, used gold glitter glue to draw designs on the lapel and the sleeves, as well as the back. To finish her look, I took a green blouse and turned it into a cape. I used leftover velvet from the cloak and made a hood for it. For her hair, she curled it with straws, then pulled up the back. She used hair doughnuts to wrap the from of each side of her hair. She put on fake fingernails and made a set of buck teeth from fake nails.
These were such fun costumes to make. Almost everything was recycled, which made it even cooler!