Cross Sans Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Cross Sans Costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Boys|
This homemade costume for boys entered our 2019 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Ethan, the 'Cross Sans' costume creator:
I choose Cross Sans from Underverse an alternative reality from the game Undertale. I took an old mask and paper mached it, added teeth etc. then I drilled holes to thread led lights through. I bought 2 battery operated light sets from the dollar store, I couldn't get one of the colors I wanted to opted for clear and then just used a little paint that we had left at the house and painted each of the lights so it would glow the color I wanted. I used hodge podge glue to meld the paper and almost sculpt it (I also got that at the dollar store but ended up needing about 3 of them so only up to $5 at this point). I used a bottle of glow in the dark paint to cover the mask with ($2). once it was done I started threading the lights into the holes I drilled around the eyes. many I had to drill a little more as I wanted them to fit tightly. once they were all in I used a little E6000 glue to ensure they would stay in place. The rest of my costume is made from bits and pieces of other things. The cape/cloak was from an old costume that I took a pair of scissors to in order for it to look worn and beaten a little in battle. I added a little fur around the hood that we had left over from my sisters costume a year or 2 back. To make the jacket I bought a lab coat $10 and then my mom sewed the ribbons that we got to use as straps etc. to it. The ribbons ended up costing about $1 - $2 a spool it will depend on you size as to how much you will need. I also used this to make the belt as well. The underneath is just a pair of old black shorts that I added the straps to match on and then a black long sleeve t-shirt. I got some gloves with bones on them after Halloween last year in preparation for this costume this year so I only spent a few dollars on them. Now Cross Sans has a very large sword and that took me the longest time to figure out how to make it and make it light enough for me to carry while going out. I finally decided on project panels - a dense foam like dense Styrofoam. I drilled a could holes in it so I could piece 2 pieces together as nothing was long enough, also had to add a piece for a handle. once the stays were in place I tried glue on some pieces but it didn't work so then I tried black duct tape because It was in the house, it adhered and didn't tear it up so I wraps it with black duct tape. However we didn't have enough so had to go to the store to get more because of how big the sword is, so had to spend another $7 for duct tape. Many people wanted pictures with me and my mom liked it because she said she could find my lights easily.