Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano Costume
Front/ side of costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Girls|
This homemade costume for girls entered our 2020 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Rachel, the 'Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano' costume creator:
I had watched the Clone Wars before and I liked Ahsoka’s character but not enough to cosplay as her. Then I watched it again and she turned into a powerful female role model for Star Wars and I thought, “Hey! We’re about the same age so I think I can pull this off!” So I am wearing this costume. The whole thing is homemade. I painted the leggings and I bought and altered the dress. I am wearing an orange long sleeve shirt for the skin. I am also wearing orange gloves with fake nails. I made the armbands and gauntlets from scratch. The gauntlets were made with felt covered in fabric. The arm bands were elastic and vinyl. The boots were bought but I glued on some model magic clasps. (The same clasps are on the gauntlets.) The com link is also made from model magic. I made one headpiece to start, but it completely failed so three weeks before Halloween I scrambled to make a new one. It is made out of upholstery foam, cotton/polyester blend fabric, and fabric paint. The whole piece is either hand sewn or hit glued. What I would say is if you are making a headpiece, whether it’s Ahsoka or not, TRY IT ON. I made that mistake and when I put fabric on the first one, I pulled it too tight and made it way too small. To save sanity, please, please, please, try on your headpieces!!! The tabard and belt are both handmade out of vinyl and felt. We had a friend 3D print the lightsabers. The necklace is bought but I made the “jewel” on the front. The belt is the same vinyl from the arm bands but it is painted. The pouch on the back functions. The lightsabers holders (white ones) were a backup. The black ones I made couldn’t hold the lightsabers and so I had to replace them. I wish I had time to paint them black. The food capsules (one fell off) are pen caps that I painted. The makeup is cream makeup. I would suggest using grease makeup instead, as the cream got clumpy. I started this project on June 10 and finished it on October 30. It cost about $200 total.