2018 Halloween Costume Contest
Enter 2018 Costume Contest
 

Warrior Dragoness Costume

Warrior Dragoness Costume

Warrior Dragoness Costume

More views: (click to enlarge)
Photo #1 - Warrior Dragoness Photo #2 - Warrior Dragoness Photo #3 - Warrior Dragoness Photo #4 - Warrior Dragoness Photo #5 - Warrior Dragoness Photo #6 - Warrior Dragoness
Costume type:  Costumes for Girls
Category:Halloween Costumes

This homemade costume for girls entered our 2018 Halloween Costume Contest.

A word from Carmen, the 'Warrior Dragoness' costume creator:

My name is Carmen, I am fifteen years old, and I am wearing a dragoness warrior costume. This idea came from a youtube video of DIY dragon feet back in June. I was very intrigued, so I looked on Pinterest to find photos of dragons, and it hit me that I could make a dragon outfit for Halloween. After that revelation, I immediately started drawing/designing a female dragon costume.
First, I started on the horns. I used cardboard, paint, a headband, Youtube (of course) and in less than 2 two days I was finished. Then I moved on to the dragon feet since that is where I got my inspiration. I found some closed toe heels at a thrift store, craft foam, gloves, styrofoam, and paint. I can say that this was my first time using craft foam period. I certainly had to do my research before starting.
Next, I started on hands and leg armor scales. They were both made out of cardboard, craft foam, spray paint, paint and parachute buckles. This part was a time consumer because, the process of cutting, shaping, priming and painting all the craft foam scales took a very long time. During this period, I found both the top and the skirt I needed at the thrift store and embellished them to my liking.
The most tricky part was definitely the wings and breastplate. Because there was scarcely any information online on how to make moving dragon wings, I had to take bits and pieces of what I did see and improvise. I used PEX, screws, paint, nails, wood, craft foam, fabric and a special kind of glue. Creating the breastplate was rather easy even though it was my first time making one. I used craft foam, spray paint, hot glue, and regular paint. The difficult part was finding a way to attach the wings to my back and breastplate. Fortunately, parachute buckles solved the problem.
The very last things I worked on were the tail and the fangs. For the tail, I sewed fabric as the base, wire for flexibility, stuffing, craft foam and paint for detail. I finished the tail rather quickly. As an extra feature, I had four fangs created with clear nails.
In total, the whole costume cost around $65 with some of the items just lying around the house. I made over 200 scales for my costume, and 95% of everything was either handmade or transformed in some way. It took three months to complete! I really enjoyed making this costume, and I hope you find it awesome too!

Comments

No comments yet...
Be the first who commented this costume!

Add Your Comment

* Comment: 
* Your Name: 
* Your Email: