The Carmi Trotters Group Costume
The Carmi Trotters
|Costume type:||Costumes for Groups|
This homemade costume for groups entered our 2013 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Becky, the 'The Carmi Trotters' costume creator:
We came up with this idea after we seen something similar on another website...but we wanted to make it unique to our area aka...The Carmi Trotters.
We purchased everything needed from a local discount store.
- Sleeveless red shirts
- Blue Shorts
- White Tube Socks
- White Head Bands
- White Arm Bands
- Red Duct Tape for red stripe around the socks
- Glow in the Dark duct tape to make stripes on the shorts shirt - plus the stripes glowed in the dark which made the outfit even cooler
- Iron on transfers for dark colors - We printed the Carmi Trotters with our uniform #'s on the front and also our nickname and uniform # on the back and ironed both on.
- We also made a few extra stars on the iron on transfers, but they were really hard to cut out- so we nixed the idea after a few. We then decided to use labels and print color stars (red & blue) we then cut the stars out and stuck them to the duct tape.
- Black wigs - no one wanted to fix their hair, so we bought wigs
- We painted an old basketball red, white & blue for added coolness!!
We also met outside before going inside....we formed a line and came running out like a regular basketball team does for warm up....dribbling the basketball and high fiving each other!!
We won Best Overall at the local Halloween Contest in The Carmi Trotters costume and we had SO many compliments...the only problem is we have NO idea what to do to top it...