The Mask Costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Boys|
This homemade costume for boys entered our 2017 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Brittney, the 'The Mask' costume creator:
My son Camden is at the age where he wants to pick his costume for Halloween. But a friends party I was able to pick his costume and I just had to pick The Mask from one of my favorite movies. HE was totally on board with this idea. Such a fun sport. :)
- I couldn't find yellow pants ANYWHERE! So I have to think outside the box and DIY it myself. I bought khaki pants from a thrift store and fabric yellow spray paint. My son is a 4T so I needed 2 cans to get the full coverage.
- I already had a dressy white shirt, suspenders, shoes and borrowed a tie from his nino. (2 THUMBS UP)
- For his hat, I had a cheap 4th of July hat I bought at target for 5$. I used FolkArt Home Décor Chalk (Yellow) and painted both outside/inside and let it dry over night. I added the black ribbon and glue gunned it down.
- I bought green face paint from rite aid. Before applying the paint on my sons face I put Wet n Wild Photo Focus Face primer. By doing that it was very easy for the paint to come off when I gave him a bath that night.
- I also spray painted his hair and added the green paint for a better touch to the color.
This was a fun costume to do and went along with the character very well. LOL :)
- MR. MOM