Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Even storm takes selfies
|Costume type:||Costumes for Women|
This homemade costume for women entered our 2016 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Genesis, the 'Storm' costume creator:
Hi My name is Genesis and I'm cosplaying storm! The idea came from loving x-men for years and finally having the strength to represent my favorite character.
1. Make your suit: For his part you can use a costume design pattern. I got mine by laying down on my fabric and having my boyfriend trace the outline with about 2 inches extra in case of mistakes (use the same process for the gloves)
2. Find your perfect action boot: Stilettos are great but not for 8+ hours so pick a character appropriate and comfy shoe. Comfort is key
3. Pick your wig: There are so many versions of storm but I wanted to go with Halle Berry's storm from the first x-men film. I got my wig on amazon and cut the bangs to fit my face shape
4. Invest in a good pair of white-out contacts: I got mine from Honeycolor.com but any good pair (preferably with your prescription) would be perfect. These lenses are netted for your vision so they take some time to get used to. After a bit of time they're barely noticeable...well to you anyway lol
5. Storm Cloud: you'll need a strobe light (preferably one with a nob to adjust speed) and white fiber stuffing like the ones used for pillows. Layer the fluff around the light. You can use hot glue to secure it.
6. Get dressed: put on the suit, gloves, boots, corset, and contacts
7. Storm makeup: Use a white eyeliner to create bolts near the edges of your eyes
8. Go Have fun!... scaring people with those contacts lol