Space Jam Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Space Jam Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny
|Costume type:||Costumes for Couples|
This homemade costume for couples entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Valerie, the 'Space Jam Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny' costume creator:
Several years ago, my boyfriend and I went to a college Halloween party as Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny from Space Jam. We wanted a costume that would be recognizable and nostalgic for our fellow classmates who grew up in the 90s, and this costume did the trick. We received compliments all night about how awesome these looked and how much everybody loved the movie Space Jam. Several guys even admitted to having a crush on Lola Bunny as a child. Another big plus of this costume is that it’s quick and easy to make, which is great if you’re a procrastinator like my boyfriend and I who started construction on the evening of the Halloween party. We had a wonderful night as Bugs and Lola and I highly recommend trying it out yourself!
What we used:
• 2 White T-shirts: We cut 2 white T-shirts to look like basketball jerseys. We used blue marker to outline the jerseys for detail.
• Photo Transfer Paper: We printed the Space Jam logos onto special T-shirt photo transfer paper and when they dried, we ironed the logos onto the jerseys. (Note: Make sure you print the mirror image of the logo so when you iron it onto the shirt, the words aren’t backwards!)
• Cardboard and Headbands for the Ears: We used cardboard from the back of a notebook to cut out bunny ears, and colored them with colored pencils and markers. We attached the ears to headbands with duct tape.
• 2 Pairs of White shorts: We each used a pair of white shorts that we already owned.
• Blue Electrical Tape: For detail on the white shorts, we used blue electrical tape along the sides and bottom of the shorts.
• Gray Long Sleeve Shirt and Pants: Since Bugs Bunny has gray fur, my boyfriend wore a pair of gray long johns under his jersey and shorts. Lola Bunny has tan fur, so I just went with my skin!
• Athletic shoes: Throw on a pair of basketball shoes or sneakers to complete this look!