Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
|Costume type:||Costumes for Women|
This homemade costume for women entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Jasmine, the 'Skeletina' costume creator:
For this creepy Skeletina costume and makeup, you'll need:
- Face Primer (I use Rimmell "Stay Matte" only $8!)
- Setting Powder
- Foundation Brushes (i get mine from the dollar store because i go
- through alot of them :))
- Different sized paint brushes (i get these from the dollarstore too) make sure you get soft bristled brushes so you dont scratch your face!
- Mehron Fantasy FX Face Paint (white)
- Mehron Fantasy FX Face Paint (Black)
- Charchoal Powder
- Black Eyeliner pencil
- Barrier Spray
- And last but not least... a creative mind :)
Steps for Creating the Skeletina Makeup
- Wash your face before you start!
- Apply face primer all over face, neck and chest
- Create the outline of your chest bones using a fine point paint brush and your fantasty FX Face Paint (White)
- Colour in the bones, using the face paint and a foundation brush
- Apply the white face paint all over your face
- Apply Setting powder with a large powder brush, all over your face, chest and neck (this will prevent the white facepaint from rubbing off while you apply the black)
- Using a black eye liner pencil,draw the outline of your teeth
- Colour in your teeth with the white face paint and a small detail brush
- Take your black face paint and a medium sized brush, draw the outline of your cheekbones, then colour them in with a foundation brush
- Create depth around your eye sockets using a fluffy brush and charcoal powder. keep blending around each eye until you reach the depth you want.
- Colour in around the chest/neck bones using a foundation brush and black face paint
- Add black face paint to the tip of the nose
- Apply setting powder all over using a large powder brush
- The look is not complete without Mehron Barrier Spray! spray this all over your face,chest and neck for a waterproof finish!
I had a lot of fun doing this look, its not the usual kind of look I go for which made it much more interesting to create! :)
I used Mehron Fantsy FX face paint (white), charcoal powder and my own creative mind :)
the model is me of course :)