Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
|Costume type:||Costumes for Men|
This homemade costume for men entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Jon, the 'Rocketeer' costume creator:
Every year I try and top my last costume, and do something that no one has before, something creative. So this year I was thinking of my fav child hood movies, and the Rocketeer came to mind. I was so excited that i started making it 2 weeks ago and i'm already done. I love this movie and can't wait to show it off. Although i love it, i fear my wife might be sick of it by the time halloween comes because i keep wearing it around the house lol.
How to instructions:
- Paper Mache the helmet, mold it using newspaper and cardboard, take the eye pieces off of sunglasses and super glue it to the holes where the eyes go.
- go to an arts and crafts store and buy metallic buttons to make it looks like steel
- spray paint it gold when finished
- the jacket was an old brown jacket my mom gave me, attached air force patches
- kahki pants, and high boots
- the rocket was tricky, i used two 3 liter empty soda plastic bottles, attached them using glue, made a few metal designs using spare metal, spray painted them silver, and bought battery operated flames and taped them to look like a rocket, so it looks like a real rocket with flames coming out.
That's pretty much it really, a lot of paper mache, glue, tape, and just improvising as i go, adding little stuff here and there before it comes time to show it off. Thank you and good luck to everyone else in the contest!