Rainbow Dash Pony Costume
A word from Joelle, the 'Rainbow Dash' costume creator:
I am wearing this costume to my niece's 2nd Birthday Party.
This costume was made at home with the following materials:
- 4 yards of blue plush fur layers the body of the costume. I used a black shirt and leggings as a replica of my size, so the costume would fit.
- The head is made out of a balloon and 5 layers of newspaper. The technique used is a pinata base, I let sit for 2 days. It sits ontop of a basic bike helmet, so it can strap to my head.
- The feet are made out of metal broom sticks. Which are put together like stilts. Around the stilts is foam to make the legs thicker and also for padding when walking.
- 5 packs of multi-color hair. Some of the colors were not in the store, so I spray painted them.
- wings are made out of cardboard and has a belt so I can strap it around my mid-section.
- Foam lining my stomach for comfort and legs for more horse shaped hind legs.
- Eyes are paper, I colored them then glued them on and covered them with plastic.
- The entire suit is hot glued together!! I do not know how to sew, so I had to used this method.
The idea came to me after watching season 1 of "My Little Pony" and fell in love with the characters, especially Rainbow Dash.
I already love horses!! So that didn't help either..lol.
It took me 3 weeks to finish her in time for Otakon 2012 and in time for my nieces party. Kids loved her!
Rating: 4.8 of 5. Votes: 23