Pretty Little Peacock Costume
Pretty Little Peacock
|Costume type:||Costumes for Girls|
This homemade costume for girls entered our 2013 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Jennifer, the 'Pretty Little Peacock' costume creator:
A six year old, her grandmother, and mother all worked together to create this adorable peacock costume.
- used a sparkly gymnastics leotard we already had
- grandma made the tutu out of a blue satin material and some sparkly color changing material she found in the Halloween section
- we added feathers and sequins to an inexpensive mask
- we hot glued real peacock feathers to a poster board crinkled in the shape of a fan (adding a flat piece of poster board after complete and painting it with sparkly peacock blue paint)
- we cut out pieces of brown, blue, and turquoise felt to look like the eye part of the feathers and attached them to the tutu and tail with brown ribbon
- we attached the feathers with an old elastic belt she was about to outgrow by cutting slits in the poster board and slipping the belt through
- we looped some brown, blue, greet, and turquoise tulle as well as some leftover pieces of the Halloween fabric and the felt/ribbon cutouts to create a cute puffy tail
It looks like it was more work than it really was. The six year old was actually able to make or help make most parts which made it extra special!