Mr. Planter Peanut Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
|Costume type:||Costumes for Boys|
This homemade costume for boys entered our 2018 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Sage, the 'Mr. Planter Peanut' costume creator:
Daxton Ray my son. I found the idea on Pinterest and wanted uniqueness.
How to Instructions:
• Matress pad, white gloves, something for a cane ( I used a little hockey stick and wrapped it with black duck tape).black cardstock paper, top hat, brown spray paint, needle and thread. (Optional: paper labeled name.)
2.Get the correct measurements. (What I did was measure the height of the child and take a foot (12 in.) and cut off.)
*** lightly spray paint the mattress pad for color effect or as desired.**
3. Draw out the shape of the peanut as desired within the length parameters. Make sure to draw out two half moons for the arms to fit through. Fold the mattress in half and cut out the peanut shape. Cut into two pieces.
4. On one of the pieces cut a hole out for the head in the middle of the peanut shape.
5. Thread needle and sew the two mattress pieces together around the edges. Make sure to leave the bottom of the peanut open to slide over child.
6. Draw and cut out an eye piece for the monocle using the cardstock.
7. Attach the cut out eye piece next to the head cut out by using the hot glue gun.
8. Complete the costume by putting the top hat on and a dark colored sweatsuit underneath.
*** Helpful hints: do not try to hot glue the foam pieces together, they must be sewn together.