2019 Halloween Costume Contest
Enter 2019 Costume Contest
 

Medusa Costume

Medusa Costume

Medusa Costume

More views: (click to enlarge)
Photo #1 - Medusa Photo #2 - Medusa Photo #3 - Medusa
Costume type:  Costumes for Girls
Category:Halloween Costumes

This homemade costume for girls entered our 2019 Halloween Costume Contest.

A word from Crystal, the 'Medusa' costume creator:

This is my daughter Julie. I had actually wanted to make her Medusa the year before last and then changed my mind. So we tackled the costume this past Halloween(2018) and I have to say I am very happy with the way that it turned out. I ordered the snake print material for her dress from ETSY. I then created her dress by modifying a pattern for a sleeveless jumper type dress. For her head I started with an old baseball hat and a bald cap. I removed the bill from the baseball hat and the section that was attached to the bill. I then sewed a portion of the bald cap into the section that I had removed. This was not a fitted baseball hat it was one that had Velcro in the back to adjust the size. I left that there so it would make it easy to put on and take off. Also my daughter had long hair so I just waded her hair up into a bun and put it through the hole in the back and that also helped hold the hat on. I used piping cord for the snake bodies. I had to insert wire into each cord so I could bend it how I wanted it. I used about 10yrds of cord to make 27 snakes. I spray-painted the cords green and black and a dash of gold. I then cut the snake heads by hand from a piece of foam cushion. I cut small holes for the eyes and hot glued some beads that I found at Wal-mart into the holes. I also hot glued the heads to the cords. I then hot glued and hand sewed the snakes to the baseball hat going all the way around the base and on the edge where I had sewed in the bald cap. After that I used the remaining snakes and placed them strategically in the middle of the hat so there wouldn't be many holes. I then twisted and bent them to where I thought they looked good. Then on the bald cap I added some cheese cloth dipped in liquid latex to cover the ends of the cords. I was trying to make it look like the snakes were actually coming out of her head. When I was finished adding the cheese cloth, I spray-painted all that green and added some gold highlights. I ordered her a pair of contacts that were snake eyes to finish off the look.

Comments

No comments yet...
Be the first who commented this costume!

Add Your Comment

* Comment: 
* Your Name: 
* Your Email: