Coma, the Doof Warrior from Mad Max Fury Road Costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Adults|
This homemade costume for adults entered our 2015 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Bryan, the 'Coma, the Doof Warrior' costume creator:
For those of you who haven't seen Mad Max Fury Road, quickly Google "Mad Max Guitar Player" to see the inspiration behind this costume.
I am a high school English teacher and every year, some of us at my school get really into Halloween. This year, I knew that Coma, the Doof Warrior from the summer blockbuster, Mad Max, would be a fun persona to take on. My wife helped in the execution of making this costume come to life. Here are the steps we took:
1. I bought a red union suit from Amazon for $25
2. My wife bought a cardboard skull mask and using paper bags, tissue paper, mod-podge, and acrylic paint, created the mask and dreadlocks.
3. I bought a styrofoam cone, carved it into firepuff, and then painted it.
4. I bought some 'monster teeth" from a Halloween store and molded them to fit.
5. Using white costume paint, I painted my face neck, and chest.
6. I threw on the union suit, ripped it a bit, dirtied it up, cut off one pant leg, got a white, knee-high sock, and wore two different shoes. In the movie, he also wears Converse All Stars
7. I already had the bass guitar so everything was ready to go.
Overall cost - $40
The costume was a huge success! What do you guys think?! :D