Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Rosie Revere Engineer in her Flying Machine!
|Costume type:||Costumes for Women|
This homemade costume for women entered our 2015 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Sarah, the 'Rosie Revere Engineer' costume creator:
My name is Sarah Dawe and I teach First Grade at the Brookwood School in Manchester, MA. My Halloween costume this year was inspired by the children's book, Rosie Revere Engineer. Rosie is a young inventor who designs gizmos, gadgets and flying machines. At first Rosie is worried that her ideas will be failures so she hides from creations from the world. It is a story about risk taking, breaking stereotypes, appreciating that failure is a step towards creative success and believing in yourself. I want both the young girls and boys that I teach to learn that they can be engineers and find success in technology fields.
How To Make Flying Machine:
1. Cut the bottom out of a plastic laundry basket
2. Build a frame using PVC pipes and 2 and 4 way plastic connectors
3. Attach PVC pipes with plastic ties in the 4 inside corners of the laundry basket
4. Make top and bottom hoop for the balloon and wrap them through the pipes
5. Attach many colored balloons to the hoops
6. Line basket rim with foam
7. Make straps for body out of heavy ribbon and weave through basket slits
8. Attach paper sand bags
9. Get ready to take flight :)