2019 Halloween Costume Contest
Enter 2019 Costume Contest
 

LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman Costume

Rate this costume:

4 votes
add a comment 
LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman Costume

LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman!

More views: (click to enlarge)
Photo #1 - LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman! Photo #2 - LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman Photo #3 - LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman Photo #4 - Hair before spray painting Photo #5 - Getting the face details right. Photo #6 - Spray painted bed foam pieces. Photo #7 - Completed torsos! Photo #8 - Testing out the legs Photo #9 - Superman! Photo #10 - Wonder Woman!
Costume type:  Costumes for Couples
Category:Halloween Costumes

This homemade costume for couples entered our 2017 Halloween Costume Contest.

A word from Angel and Veronica, the 'LEGO Superman & Wonder Woman' costume creators:

This is me and my girlfriend in our LEGO Superman and Wonder Woman costumes, 99% of which are made of foam mattress topper. Add a little bit of cardboard and poster board, a plastic construction helmet, lots of spray paint, and hot glue to put them all together (not to mention all the algebra required to scale up the measurements of a LEGO mini figure to fit our bodies).

In order to properly scale the proportions for the torso and leg pieces, we took measurements from LEGO Superman and Wonder Woman mini figures and did a ton of sketches. We cut all the pieces out of foam mattress toppers, spray painted the parts using painter's tape to separate sections, and glued it all together. For the torso we used Christmas wrapping paper to create stencils of the musculature and torso details in order to get multiple colors. The S shield and WW gold armor were made of pieces of poster board spray painted and glued together.

The headpieces are all bed foam, reinforced inside with cardboard and paper towel roll tubes, holding a plastic construction helmets in place to fit our heads. The hair is also bed foam, cut out, glued together, and spray painted separately. Wonder Woman's hair was made by layering individual strips of bed foam glued onto a base sheet. For the facial details we found images of our characters' faces online, and scaled them up using my printer to the proper size, before cutting out stencils for the details and spray painted cardboard for the eyes.

The whole thing took 50+ hours, and probably a combined total of $300, but we were both ecstatic over the results. We hope you enjoy them as well!

http://www.angeleduardo.com

Rating: 5.0 of 5. Votes: 4

4 votes
Pin It

Comments

No comments yet...
Be the first who commented this costume!

Add Your Comment

* Comment: 
* Your Name: 
* Your Email: