King Bob the Minion Costume
King Bob the Minion Costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Adults|
This homemade costume for adults entered our 2015 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Savanna, the 'King Bob the Minion' costume creator:
Hello everybody! I'm Savanna and this is my King Bob the minion costume! I have been making my own costumes for around 4 years now. Making costumes is something that I really love and enjoy. The idea for this costume actually came from a friend of mine She works at a local college and every year they do a themed 'trick-or-treat' through the campus and the students give out candy, it's really cool. This years theme was Despicable Me, and I had made a minion costume YEARS ago and she asked me if I would wear it and take pictures with the kids. I told her I would love to and that I would pull out it out of storage and see if I could fix it up a little. Long story short, the costume was HORRIBLE and thee was no way for me to fix it and get it up to my standards, so I decided I'd just made a new one.
I made the 'shell' of the costume by using 3 $7 camp pads from walmart, and I cut them so that they would make a dome shape. I used a mix of hot-gluing and sewing to make this costume stay together. After I got the 'shell' of the minion done I moved onto the goggles. I used leftover pieces from the camp pads and craft foam to create the goggles and I painted it with silver acrylic paint. The next part of the costume I made was the crown. I used more pieces of camp pad of the base of the crown. I then used some gold-glitter craft foam to create the shape of the crown. The red fluffy part of the crown is just some of the material I used for cape that I glued into the crown and stuffed with polyfil. Then I started on the cape. This was probably the easiest part of the costume because all I had to do was glue on the fluffy white material to the bottom and top of the cape. Next I taped off the goggles and spray painted my costume yellow. (I hadn't attached the cape or the crown at this point.) After I put about two coats of spray paint on my costume I sprayed a clear sealant all over it to keep the paint form chipping off. Next I made the overalls. These were actually more difficult then I thought because I had to make leg holes but I still needed room to fit through because that was my only way into the costume. eventually after some brainstorming I just attached the pants onto either side of the costume and used velcro to attach the middle of the pants together after I was in the costume (That's probably the worst explanation ever... oh well) Next I glued on the crown and cape and then I made the the gloves and glued on the goggles strap and he was done!
I worked on this costume for five days and it costed right at $90 to make. I am really happy with how this costume turned out! I also want to point out that I am not in any way a professional costume maker. This is just something that I like to do for fun. I hope you like this costume! If you have any questions regarding this costume, feel free to leave them in the comments :)