|Costume type:||Costumes for Men|
This homemade costume for men entered our 2011 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Andrew, the 'Jesus' costume creator:
Crown of thorns: materials needed - elastic, brass spikes, gold leaf, needle, thread, varying shape red beads.
- Step 1: Sew together the elastic to form a headband for yourself. take into consideration the wig.
- Step 2: Apply gold leaf to the headband.
- Step 3: Place spikes through headbane equal distance apart from eachother.
- Step 4: String you red beads on two different lengths of string and sew them to one side of the headband so they will hang in the face.
Robe: materials needed - 6 yards of your choice of fabric, i chose silk jersey, sewing supplies. This part of the costume can be as easy or difficult as you want. you could use the fabric and create a toga like robe or use a caftan pattern and do a little more work.
Sacred heart necklace: materials needed - some metal religious icon such as an ex-voto which is what i used, battery powered led naked wire lights in red, tape, clear elastic.
- Step 1: apply the lights to the back of your icon and use scotch tape to secure them.
- Step 2: affix the clear elastic to back of icon and create a loop to wear as a necklace.
Your Jesus costume is now complete. Start turning water into wine!