2016 Halloween Costume Contest
Enter 2016 Costume Contest
 

Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Costume

Email
Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Costume

Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Costume

More views: (click to enlarge)
Photo #1 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #2 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #3 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #4 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #5 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #6 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #7 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #8 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #9 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn Photo #10 - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn
Costume type:  Costumes for Couples
Categories:Halloween Costumes, Historical Costumes

This homemade costume for couples entered our 2016 Halloween Costume Contest.

A word from Jaimee, the 'Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn' costume creator:

I am Anne, and my boyfriend, Tyson is dressed as Henry VIII. I have a love of Tudor history, so this seemed like the perfect couples costume! I hand made both costumes. Henry's costume was made of panne velvet with faux fur lining and trim, finished with gold trim and gold embroidery copied from the painting. His shirt is made of a white bed sheet from Target (you get more bang for your buck using sheets!), and his doublet and jerkin are made from silver brocade fabric. I mashed up pieces of Simplicity and Period Patterns patterns to get the looks I wanted for each garment. I purchased the hat, but added the jeweled and feather embellishments myself. I created the jewelry with individual components I found online and lots of jewelry glue! Anne is made of black satin with a gold brocade underskirt. The outer sleeves are lined and turned back in faux fur with the same brocade for the under sleeves. I used a button mold and oven bake clay to create the gold details around the neckline. That garment was made using a Simplicity pattern. I purchased the french hood and B necklace. I made the longer strand of pearls myself, along with the jeweled components on the under sleeve. The shift was also made from a bed sheet - those are the way to go! These were pricey costumes, what with material yardage and trimmings, probably upward of $1000 when all was said and done, and it was a sixth month process to make them, with all the embroidery to be done. But I consider it worth it in the end!

Comments

No comments yet...
Be the first who commented this costume!

Add Your Comment

* Comment: 
* Your Name: 
* Your Email: