I AM GROOT!
|Costume type:||Costumes for Men|
This homemade costume for men entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Edward, the 'Groot' costume creator:
I was looking for a way to challenge myself by creating something out of this world. The Groot costume idea came to me as a challenge. My peers said I would not be able to re-create such an intense character before halloween. There was a lot of trial and error with this costume since there is not a tutorial of how to make an huge alien tree tutorial. I am extremely happy with the results. This costume took me 20 days to make it. (I think I will have paint stains for a very long time)
The materials that I used to make are:
EVA foam, insulation foam, different tones of brown spray paint, plastic dip, tacky glue, paper, dremel machine, a painters suit, a 8 pieces of 4x8 wood, cement glue.
A how-to step by step:
- Cut the eva foam to the desired shape.
- Use the dremel to create the wood appearance.
- spray plastic dip (2 layers)
- with the paper and the tacky glue mix together place it on top of eva foam and insulation pipes.
- let it dry!
- use different tones of brown spray paint.
- use the cement glue at place the foam pieces on painters suit.
- for the feet i used the 4x8 drill them together and drill them to my shoes (it made me about 7' 5 feet tall)
The reactions that I got so far by posting on my social network and walked around the neighborhood. Tons of great feedback such as "You did a really good job" "Incredible...." "So impressed!" The best part is when I went for a test walk outside of my neighborhood. Cars stop and took pictures with their cellphones and a family stopped and wanted to take pictures with me and their children's (the kids had that shy yet excited face)
Im looking foward to see if I can win some local contest in my area.
I AM GROOT!