The Cast of Frozen - Elsa, Anna & Olaf Costumes
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
The Cast of Frozen
|Costume type:||Costumes for Groups|
This homemade costume for groups entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Annie, the 'Frozen Elsa, Anna & Olaf' costume creator:
My girls have known what they wanted to be for Halloween for almost a year. After 3 weeks of sleepless nights their costumes are finally done! I knew I had make them look legit after the Despicable Me costumes I made two years ago. Seeing how excited they were to wear them made all the time and effort worth it.
Elsa Costume: I bought the fabric at Joann's. Unfortunately the McCall's pattern I bought stopped at size 8 and my daughter is a size 9-10. I had to make the pattern from scratch; which was difficult because I had never done that before. It took a lot of fitting and altering sessions. The fabric for the cape was a material that frayed very easily. I used fray check glue along the entire outer edge. The snowflakes were hand panted on. I printed the snowflake designs I wanted to use and put wax paper between the fabric and printout to be sure nothing stuck to the fabric glue. I added crystal snowflake buttons to her hair.
Anna Costume: I was able to use the pattern for the dress. I made the bodice out of black felt and used gold bias tape along the edges. The cape from the pattern didn't look like the style from the movie. I had to alter the shape to make it fit better. A very good friend of mine hand painted all the detailing work; the flowers as well as the scalloped edges on the cape. I added some white yarn to create the white streak in her hair.
Olaf Costume: My incredibly talented friend also made the Olaf head. The base is made out of a brown paper grocery bag and duct tape. Once she had the shape she wanted, she covered all of the paper in tape to keep it from ripping. She then covered it in poly fil batting and fleece. The eyes, hair and buttons are made from foam paper. The nose is orange fleece and batting. I made the body out of fleece, the liner out of an old sheet, and stuffed it with batting. To get the round shape on the bottom I added a round metal floral ring.