Chip from Beauty and the Beast Baby Costume
Rate this costume:
|add a comment|
Nice view of Chip
|Costume type:||Costumes for Babies|
This homemade costume for babies entered our 2014 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Jen, the 'Chip from Beauty and the Beast' costume creator:
This is my 15 month old little boy dressed as Chip from Beauty and the Beast. I wanted to do a family themed costume and I chose Beauty and the Beast for his father and I. So I had to choose a character for my son to be...so out of all the cute characters my favorite is Chip! I had a general idea on how to make it but googled it and pinterested it and solidified the way to make it happen. To start you only need a round laundry basket, a styrofoam ring,some batting, white fabric and a little bit of gold fabric to make the rim of the cup, white ribbon,some scissors, hot glue, and needle and thread (white and gold).
1. Take the laundry basket and cut out the bottom for the feet to fit through, but be sure to leave the curvature that leads to the bottom to give it the "cup look"
2. Then cut where you want your chip to be
3. Cover your basket in batting to add padding around where the basket was cut to refrain from any sharp edges and getting hurt
* the batting all around also helps to make the cup a little rounder, smoother and fuller*
4. Use hot glue to attach the batting to the basket
5. Cut and measure the white fabric to cover the batting covered basket
6. Make sure white fabric goes over the top lip of the basket and gives enough to be sewn to the fabric below to give you an even sewing look.
7. Measure and cut the gold fabric to just go over the lip of the basket , I used about 1 1/2" thickness to cover the lip
8. Cut the styrofoam ring to make chip's handle
9. Make a sleeve around the piece cut off for chip's handle with the gold fabric and needle and thread
10. Sew the sleeved handle to the basket, this is going to be where your face goes so make sure the chip is off to the side of the face and not right above it
11. Draw and paint the face, the eyes go on the side of the handle along with eyebrows ( I used google to determine which of chips faces I wanted to use)
12. Draw and paint the mouth...I found it easier to put the mouth to the side of the handle so everyone could see it
13. Cut and tie or sew white ribbon to the inside of the basket to make shoulder straps to hold the costume on
Voila you have Chip :)
Then you can put whatever you want on your child underneath the basket but I chose a white snowsuit just so it didn't take any attention off him or his costume and it kept him nice and warm :)
It cost about $17 to make total,