Banjo Kazooie Costume
|Costume type:||Costumes for Men|
This homemade costume for men entered our 2012 Halloween Costume Contest.
A word from Madison, the 'Banjo Kazooie' costume creator:
I am wearing my creation of the N64 character Banjo Kazooie. I made this costume by collecting a variety of materials.
1. My first two pieces were a brown shirt and yellow swim trunks that I found at Goodwill for cheap.
2. Next came the most difficult part which was the Bear hat. I could not find on of the right color so what I did instead was buy a hat themed with the Japanese character DOMO. The hat had DOMO's face on the front of it originally, which I cut off. With the face I cut off the blank brown corners, which I retrofitted into ears and pinned them to the top of the hat, thus creating my bear hat.
3. The next parts were much easier. I cut a piece of pink felt for the stomach piece and attached it to the body of the shirt.
4. The necklace I made was from a black fabric cord and a piece of round plastic that I covered with aluminum foil with the shiny side facing outward.
In the game Banjo wields Kazooie as a gun that shoots blue eggs from his mouth.
1. I first got a nerf gun that had a barrel attachment.
2. Next I took a paper towel roll and wrapped it in orange felt.
3. Next I made Kazooie's face. I first made the beak, which I made from poster paper shaped and cut into a cone and then spray painted yellow. I then placed the beak on the front of the felted paper towel roll. The actual face and eyes were foam fabric balls that were pinned into the the felted paper towel roll and then attached tapped a single feather to the back of the head.
4. Finally I covered the barrel of the paper towel roll and then put two more pieces of felt over the rest of the body of the gun.
I then bought a cheap child sized back pack and covered it in light blue tape.
AND WALLAH! Banjo Kazooie was ready to party.